The public power and utility industry is complex and ever-changing. In order to remain competitive and provide utility users with the services they require, utilities need to understand and anticipate challenges when it comes to maintaining and delivering services in the face of increasing budget constraints and an unpredictable economy. Tightening budgets lead to increased accountability and a tight economy brings pressure to maintain rates. In today’s environment, utilities need trusted and experienced auditors and advisors.
At KerberRose, we are dedicated to helping utilities operate efficiently, while continuing to establish and maintain public trust. We provide essential services to utilities, including independent audits, and provide government stakeholders with the assurance they need to rely on governmental reporting.
We are committed to providing the highest quality assurance and accounting services to utilities. We understand that each has its own unique operating environment. We understand the internal controls, procedures, and financial reporting issues that are unique to utilities. Our ongoing focus on serving utilities has given us the experience and knowledge needed to provide efficient services and trusted assurance.
Our service is focused on communication. We work throughout the year with our clients to ensure that they are up to date with current accounting standards and compliance requirements. Our partners and managers are highly involved with each client by being on-site during fieldwork and are accessible through the year.
Our Utility Audit Services include:
Accounting & Assurance Services
- Financial Statement Audits
- Single Audits
- Federal and State Grant Audits
- Compliance Audits
- Reconciliation of Financial Information
- Audit Preparation
- Budgeting Process and Planning
- Documentation of Financial policies and Procedures
- Contracting Procedures
- Preparation of Financial Statements
- Adoption of new accountings standards
- Public Service Commission Reporting
- Rate Analysis and Case Preparation
- Capital Asset Tracking and Depreciation Calculation
- Outsourced Accounting and Bookkeeping Services
- Fraud Investigation, Detection and Prevention
If you are ready to work with experienced professionals who understand utilities and are committed to helping governmental entities thrive, call us today!